Hey Hey Hey!
Y'all, I am tired ok! How are y'all doing during the weird time of a Pandemic? Each day is different for me- good and bad days. For the most part, baking has remained my calm in all of this. I thought my recipes were simple before, but OMG! I am tired of cooking EVERY SINGLE MEAL! I've found myself making simpler meals each day.
Welp... anywho, I was inspired to make drop biscuits after seeing a friend post hers. I normally like to make drop biscuits with cake flour, but that's like non existent in the grocery stores theses days! Check out my super simple recipe below that uses self rising flour and yogurt to give it that buttermilk biscuit vibe!
I hope you enjoy!
Luv, Dani Lee
What you'll need:
2 cups Self Rising flour (if using AP flour add 3 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp salt)
4 Tbsp cold butter ( I use unsalted but salted could work)
3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk (may need up to 1/4 more)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Pour flour into a large bowl and cut butter into flour. I like to use a cheese grater to grate the butter and use my hands to mix it all together.
3. Add yogurt and milk to flour and mix with a spoon until the dough is no longer dry and comes together. Adding additional reserved milk as needed. Dough will be sticky.
4. Spoon mixture onto lined baking sheet. The dough makes 6 large biscuits or 9 smaller biscuits.
5. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven, top with butter and Enjoy! I like to eat mine as a breakfast sammie!