Hey Friends Hey!
So.... I think I've been gone long enough! I'm super excited to be back to sharing simple, easy, tasty recipes with you. Honestly, this whole being a Stay at Home Mom of TWO children is so different from being a working mom of one!
So about this bread, its so basic and simple! Since we're being honest here, I normally cheat when it comes to bread making. I use my bread maker! It does all the work for me; mixing, kneading, rising, ya know... all that good stuff. The hardest part of me baking bread is measuring out the ingredients! Ha!
This recipe is pretty fool proof. I call it the "Set it and Forget it" bread! There is no kneading. Just a little mixing and time! When the bread is finished, the top is nice, golden and crusty! I love to eat it with a good cultured butter! Enzo also loves it with a deli meat sandwich! Either way you are sure to please and impress a crowd! And since we're being real... it is way cheaper that the store bought bread! You will however need a dutch oven or casserole dish that has a lid! Let's get cooking!
Luv, Dani Lee
What You'll Need:
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry active yeast
1.5 cups warm water
dutch oven/ baking dish with lid
plastic wrap/tea towel
1. Add flour, salt, yeast to a bowl. Mix together.
2. Add in the water and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise 8-24 hours. ( I like to do this overnight for fresh bread in the morning)
4. Form dough into a ball and turn out onto floured surface, cover with towel/plastic wrap, and allow to rise again for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place baking dish in oven while preheating.
6. Form dough into ball and carefully place into the preheated baking dish. Making a few slashes on top of dough. Place lid baking dish and bake for 30 minutes covered. After 30 minutes, take lid off and bake an additional 10 minutes.
7. Once finished, allow to cool slightly before placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
*** You can also make this after the dough has double in size, around two hours.***