Hey Friends Hey!
Now, let me tell you! The pregnancy cravings have been kicking in! I haven't made a pound cake in years. And honestly, the last time I made one, it was dry! Just being honest here! But, I had a taste for some delicious southern style pound cake and I needed it to be moist!
So this is a super short cut version. Yes, the pound cake is homemade but the salted caramel topping is straight from the grocery aisle! And no one will ever know!
Well enough of me talking, lets get into this cake!
What You'll Need:
Non Stick Baking Spray
3 sticks butter, room temperature
1 c brown sugar
1 c cane sugar
5 eggs, room temperature
3 c cake flour or all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c milk, room temperature
Salted Caramel Topping
* Bundt Pan
* Electric Mixer
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add butter and sugar to mixer and cream together.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time to mixture until well combined.
4. Add flour, baking powder and salt to a separate bowl and mix well.
5. Alternately, add flour mixture and milk to the butter mixture until all ingredients are well incorporated.
6. Generously cost the inside of the bundt pan with non stick baking spray.
7. Pour cake batter into bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Allow cake to cool slightly before removing from the pan.
9. Top the cake with caramel sauce while still warm.