Hey Friends Hey!
How is your summer going? I hope you are enjoying all that summer has to offer you, like laying out at the pool, getting a tan at the beach, or enjoying a rooftop with your friends! I mean, who am I kidding!?!? Of course you are!
I couldn't let summer slip by without sharing this recipe with you. Total honesty here, I tried making and posting this recipe for 4th of July, but it didn't workout the way I had wished. Over confident much? I baked the cake, took it out the oven to cool and also left out the house at the same time! Well when I returned hours later, the pour cake had sunken! *clutches pearls* Imagine my disappointment when I walked in the kitchen. So yes, I gave up, but now I'm BACK! The score is now even cake 1, Dani 1!!! So if my cake looks a little dark, it's because I won this round!
I love this recipe because it is super easy to make and everyone will love you for bringing this super delicious dessert to the party!
So go ahead, give it a try and let me know what you think!
Luv, Dani Lee
What you'll need:
1 9x13 yellow or white cake ( I used a yellow box cake, prepared as directed)
8 oz whipped cream cheese (softened)
1 c powdered sugar
12 oz whipped topping (thawed)
1 1/12 c roasted strawberry glaze or store bought glaze
1 c fresh strawberries ( cleaned, hulled, and halved)
1. Add cream cheese and sugar to a bowl and mix well! (The cream cheese should be soft enough to mix with a hand whisk, however use a blender it needed.) Once well mixed, add the whipped topping. Mixing until well incorporated.
2. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the prepared cake until smooth and even!
3. Spread the glaze over the cream cheese mixture.
5. Top with fresh strawberries.
6. Allow to set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving!